- 1A Hindu spiritual teacher.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hindus who have a guru strive to receive spiritual initiation from him.
- Similar new castes have been established as the need arose by gurus and priests throughout Hindu history.
- Hinduism is a combination, a collection, of all the teachings and practices of thousands of rishis, gurus, philosophers, mystics and teachers throughout many centuries.
- 1.1Each of the ten first leaders of the Sikh religion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sikh leaders, gurus and elites were written about, but not dissenting movements, religious mobilisations, and the diversity of cultures within Sikhism itself.
- They celebrated the 338th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth guru of Sikhs, with a variety of functions on Sunday.
- The Gurudwara has facilities for lodging and boarding for visitors and Sikh gurus who come from outside Bangalore, during cultural and religious meets.
- 2An influential teacher or popular expert: a management guruMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To some, he is a management guru and business consultant, while a few see him as an entrepreneur.
- Forget voice-coaches, image consultants, PR experts and makeover gurus; it's Lydia who can make you a star.
- Bookshelves creak under the weight of books written by business gurus on how to manage a company, how to increase personal potential and to achieve success
from Hindi and Punjabi, from Sanskrit guru 'weighty, grave' (compare with Latin gravis), hence 'elder, teacher'.