1(Of a speech sound) produced in the throat; harsh-sounding.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It seemed the werewolf was on the verge of talking, but all that escaped its throat was a guttural growl.
- And in 1995, the blind musician became the first American ever to compete in an unusual contest of multi-harmonic - and highly guttural - throat singing.
- Deep guttural growls came from the alleyway, as well as fearful whimpering.
1.1(Of a manner of speech) characterized by the use of guttural sounds: his parents' guttural central European accent
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His speech has the guttural accent of his native Germany.
- The incorporation of guttural sounds and shouts appeared as honest and spontaneous reactions to his movement.
- After months of therapy, she recovered physically and could make guttural sounds.
A guttural consonant (e.g. k, g) or other speech sound.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- An obvious reason for this is that English, with all its Celtic gutturals and hard consonants, packs more of a punch when strung together compared to the more languid, Latin-based French.
- He held cloudy memories of a great city, tall houses rippling their reflections in rank canals; grubby gutturals and phlegmish dialects filled his head, and sometimes the clouds rolled away leaving a fine clear view.
- You may find yourself drawn to the wide and windswept gutturals of Russian, for example, or Polish.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In answer, the robed god tossed a card down, grunting out its name a little more gutturally than he had meant to, for one does not keep up the reputation being a guardian of humanity requires by grunting.
- Sora growled gutturally as he moved up near Micah's throat.
- They continually rammed each other and began to scream gutturally at the anticipation of devouring so much sin-soaked flesh.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gut|tur¦al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda