sustantivo (plural gutties)Irish & Scottish • informal
- A plimsoll.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A pair of plimsolls - we used to call them gutties - was purchased for the princely sum of 10, and the kindly police officers then drove him back to the stadium in plenty of time for the match.
- I rushed home and said to Mammy, "I didn't want those gutties, I wanted black patent shoes with square buckles."
- He sat on the bench and changed his shoes for a black pair of gutties.
from gutta-percha, because the soles of the shoes are made of rubber.
adjetivo (guttier, guttiest)North American • informal
- Gutsy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whether you like him or loathe him, you have to give him props for one of the game's all-time great gutty performances.
- The question has a sticky personal dimension, that of presidential character and the president's own gutty willingness to take decisive action.
- They're gutty and gritty and fundamental and fearless.