Definición de gymnosperm en inglés:
A plant of a group that comprises those that have seeds unprotected by an ovary or fruit, including the conifers, cycads, and ginkgo. Compare with angiosperm.
- Subdivision Gymnospermae, division Spermatophyta
- Taxonomists can now say that the ferns' closest cousins are the seed plants - angiosperms (flowering plants) and gymnosperms (such as conifers).
- The known flora consists of 41 ferns and fern allies, 3 gymnosperms, 291 monocots, and 516 dicots.
- Moreover, since the expression pattern is similar in a gymnosperm and in an angiosperm this function appears to be evolutionarily conserved.
- Example sentences
- In contrast, the interval between c.916m and 885.9Om is totally dominated by gymnospermous saccate pollen, with very few fern spores.
- So this is a time period where gymnospermous plants predominated, including cycadioids which look like modern cycads, and various groups of extinct conifers and seed ferns.
- The late Triassic showed major radiation of plants, gymnospermous groups in particular, in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Words that rhyme with gymnospermisogeotherm
Definición de gymnosperm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan