Definición de gynandrous en inglés:
1 Botany (Of a flower) having stamens and pistil united in one column, as in orchids.
- The flowers of this order are characterized inter alia by being gynandrous, i.e. having their style and stamens united into a column.
- The gynandrous flowers are hermaphroditic, sometimes polygamous.
2(Of a person or animal) hermaphrodite.
- The tale of the Sickness of the Men of Ulster features the gynandrous horse goddess Macha who is associated with shape shifting.
- The aim of this note is to illuminate certain problems generated by the appropriation of the terms ‘androgynous’ and ‘gynandrous’ in process theology.
- The products of Gender Economy are feminine, masculine, whole-gendered androgyn or undifferentiated identities of individuals, organizations and societies (and anything androgyn or gynandrous in between).
Definición de gynandrous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan