sustantivo (plural haberdasheries)[mass noun]
- 1British Small items used in sewing, such as buttons, zips, and thread.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The shop specialises in a wide range of fabrics, haberdashery and buttons.
- Many display shelves were covered by stationery materials, crepe paper, haberdashery, hair conditioner and washing detergent, boot polish and plastic toys.
- The company has a £45 million a year turnover with sales of a wide range of products, including household wares, haberdashery and clothes at budget prices.
- 2North American Men’s clothing and other items sold by a haberdasher.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As part of this refit, the company also scaled back floor space for textiles, dress fabrics, haberdashery and knitting yarns.
- To the democratic reader committed to affording all beliefs equal status, belief is a sort of style, like haberdashery, taken on and put away at will.
- Like Dr. Grant, however, the meticulous doctor found no pleasure in soiling his fancy haberdashery during a leisurely round of golf.
- 3A shop or a department within a larger store that sells haberdashery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Soon, Hollywood's fine haberdasheries were replaced by pizza joints, T-shirt shops, and pornographic bookstores.
- There are 14 departments with escalators and elevators ‘going up’ to haberdashery and food and down to furniture and china.
- The three of us trooped off together to get outfitted at a mid-town haberdashery.
Más definiciones de haberdasheryDefinición de haberdashery en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.