Definición de habitant en inglés:
1 /ˈhabɪt(ə)nt/ archaic An inhabitant.
- The country dwellers and habitants of market towns and traditional villages keep away from the large towns and cities unless absolutely necessary.
- This being the case, those habitants of areas outside the golden southwestern sphere are entirely reliant upon their own vehicles.
- The company is responsible for treating all the waste water of a city with over 16 million habitants.
2 /abiːˈtɒ̃/ [often as modifier] An early French settler in Canada (especially Quebec) or Louisiana: the habitant farmhouses of old Quebec
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When tobacco prices dropped, Chesapeake planters suffered; when French subsidies lagged or European fashions changed, Quebec habitants descended toward subsistence.
- In 1713, when Britain acquired Acadia, they were some 2,300 French habitants living on seigneuries, under the manorial system which France established in her colonies.
- The lives of many French North American habitants were disrupted by eighteenth-century geopolitical changes, but none more than the Acadians.
Words that rhyme with habitantcohabitant
Definición de habitant en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan