Definición de haecceity en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
1That property or quality of a thing by virtue of which it is unique or describable as ‘this (one)’.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For historical reasons, such a property is called a haecceity -- literally, a ‘thisness.’
- Understanding concepts in his philosophy (eg., faciality, virtuality, haecceity, types of becoming, and rhizome) is important as they provide to entry points into some of the issues under examination.
- Although it might seem to be a highly fanciful notion, it is hardly more fanciful than some haecceity theories which employ the same distinction, nor perhaps than some possible worlds theories either.
1.1The property of being a unique and individual thing: he has a paramount concern with haecceity, the thisness of things
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is the entire assemblage in its individuated aggregate that is a haecceity; it is this assemblage that is defined by a longitude and a latitude, by speeds and affects, independently of forms and subjects, which belong to another plane.
- There's the haecceity, the isness, the standing reserve, that's one thing: the world.
- The haecceity of a thing is what makes this particular thing what it is in particular.
Definición de haecceity en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán