sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein containing copper, responsible for transporting oxygen in the blood plasma of arthropods and molluscs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is intriguing that crustaceans seem to express either hemoglobin or hemocyanin but not both proteins.
- One grasshopper embryo has a protein that closely resembles hemocyanin in sequence, but no oxygen binding studies to confirm its function have yet been done.
- The ontogeny of crustacean hemocyanin, the copper-based oxygen transport protein, has been studied in relatively few species, including Nephrops norvegicus and Homarus americanus.
Más definiciones de haemocyaninDefinición de haemocyanin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.