Definición de haemostat en inglés:
An instrument for preventing blood flow by compression of a blood vessel.
- If injecting a corticosteroid after aspiration, a hemostat is used to stabilize the needle while the syringe is changed.
- In contrast, although not originally intended as permanent implants, in practice bioabsorbable hemostats are often left in the surgical bed to prevent rebleeding after surgical closure.
- The tourniquet then is tightened and secured by perpendicularly placing a hemostat at the end of the catheter farthest from the vessel.
- Example sentences
- Persistent bleeding may require packing the socket with a haemostatic agent or suturing, but it occasionally signifies an unrecognised bleeding tendency
- Because of the tissue contained within the passage of the suture thread, horizontal mattress sutures are effective hemostatic sutures on vascular tissues such as the scalp.
- We hypothesise that occult cardiovascular, microvascular, or haemostatic dysfunction result in pregnancy complications during reproductive years and in overt cardiovascular disease in later life.
Definición de haemostat en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan