sustantivo (plural igual or hagfishes)
- A primitive jawless marine vertebrate distantly related to the lampreys, with a slimy eel-like body, a slit-like mouth surrounded by barbels, and a rasping tongue used for feeding on dead or dying fish.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Class Myxini and family Myxinidae: several genera, in particular Myxine, and numerous species
- In contrast, the vertebrate insulin gene became a metabolic regulatory action of insulin early during vertebrate evolution since insulin regulates glucose homeostasis even in hagfishes and lampreys.
- These first vertebrates lacked jaws, like the living hagfish and lampreys.
- They are represented now only by the lampreys, eel-like forms that are parasites on fish, and the hagfish, also eel-like but feeding on dead or dying animals.
Más definiciones de hagfishDefinición de hagfish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.