Definición de haggle en inglés:
- Everyday villagers were haggling for the costs of fruits and vegetables in the market.
- Imagine how much we'll save on court costs and haggling over that silly bill of rights.
- Besides, at the end of the day, isn't all negotiation haggling?
sustantivoVolver al principio
- There are many theories surrounding the art of bargaining in the bazaar, but there are only two really serious breaches of etiquette: not bargaining over the price, and walking away empty-handed after a lengthy haggle.
- A short haggle with Granny over and done with - Granny won, but then she always does - I left with a silly smile on my face.
late 16th century (in the sense 'hack, mangle'): from Old Norse hǫggva 'hew'.
hassle from [late 19th century]:
This was originally a dialect word in the sense ‘hack or saw at’. The origin is unknown but it may be a blend of haggle (LME from an Old Norse word for ‘hack, mangle’) and tussle (LME, probably the same word as tousle, of Germanic origin).
- Example sentences
- The worst part of the freedom-for-safety swap is that it's never a done deal; the safety providers are endless hagglers, always coming back for more.
- I am not a good haggler, because I trust people too much.
- One of Jason's great strengths was that he was incredibly practical and pragmatic, and a damn good haggler.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.