Definición de haggle en inglés:
- Everyday villagers were haggling for the costs of fruits and vegetables in the market.
- Imagine how much we'll save on court costs and haggling over that silly bill of rights.
- Besides, at the end of the day, isn't all negotiation haggling?
sustantivoVolver al principio
- There are many theories surrounding the art of bargaining in the bazaar, but there are only two really serious breaches of etiquette: not bargaining over the price, and walking away empty-handed after a lengthy haggle.
- A short haggle with Granny over and done with - Granny won, but then she always does - I left with a silly smile on my face.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The worst part of the freedom-for-safety swap is that it's never a done deal; the safety providers are endless hagglers, always coming back for more.
- I am not a good haggler, because I trust people too much.
- One of Jason's great strengths was that he was incredibly practical and pragmatic, and a damn good haggler.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'hack, mangle'): from Old Norse hǫggva 'hew'.
hassle from [late 19th century]:
This was originally a dialect word in the sense ‘hack or saw at’. The origin is unknown but it may be a blend of haggle (LME from an Old Norse word for ‘hack, mangle’) and tussle (LME, probably the same word as tousle, of Germanic origin).
Palabras que riman con haggledraggle, gaggle, raggle-taggle, straggle, waggle
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.