Definición de hagiology en inglés:
Literature dealing with the lives and legends of saints.
- The hagiology from which he has benefited in the last 50 years suggests that he may well have been right.
- He immediately emphasized the theoretical and practical significance of hagiology as a science, as well as the parish priest's book at the first of its kind in our country.
- She succeeded in portraying truthfully - without debunking, but also without hagiology - good men and women.
- Example sentences
- Loving, non-critical support could reinstate this hagiological chess figure to his former glory and put the royal game back in the media's crosshairs.
- The record of the passion of St. Perpetua, St. Felicity and their companions is one of the greatest hagiological treasures that have come down to us.
- The program included concerts of classical and Byzantine music, meetings of Byzantine choirs inside the church and a hagiological convention.
- Example sentences
- The extravagance of all that the hagiologists claimed for him now seemed to make him a fraud.
- The oldest hagiologists often describe at length the veneration in which they were held, and its manifestations, without indicating the manner in which it began.
- These first two books were attempts to rescue two famous but quite different men from historical falsification, from the hagiologists in one case and from the demonologists in the other.
Words that rhyme with hagiologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definición de hagiology en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan