Definición de half-inch en inglés:
A unit of length half as long as an inch.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Get a ball that has the pin three to four inches out, and locate the pin about an inch above and a half-inch to the right of the ring finger (for a righthander, opposite for lefthanders).
- The Power Dot, from a company called findtheDOT, is a gadget the size and shape of a matchbox: about an inch by an inch by a half-inch.
- The Lexus' wheelbase, at 105.1 inches, is two inches shorter than the BMW, but its overall length is a mere half-inch shorter.
verbo[with object] British informal Volver al principio
Steal: she had her handbag half-inched
[ 1920s: rhyming slang for 'pinch']
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hence, while they wouldn't blink an eye at half-inching a Nana Mouskouri vocal sample, or appearing as deranged doctors for The Everlasting Blink album, their musical map has always directed them down the road less well travelled.
- Not since victim-of-allegations-of-art-crime-serial-killing epic ‘I have not been to Oxford Town ‘was half-inched for Starship Troopers has a culture-concept car crash left me so aesthetically tumescent.
- I understand they smashed a hole in the wall and half-inched the transmission equipment out.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda