- 1Of approximately half the normal length.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Three-quarter or half-length sleeves enhance the summer appeal of skirts and pants in fashion prints.
- She changed into loose-fitting trousers, made from real cotton grown in one of the neighbouring villages, and a cotton top with half-length sleeves.
- After a half-length defeat in a Turfway Park allowance race, Sarava moved to McPeek's barn to prepare for a run at the classics.
- 1.1(Of a painting or sculpture) showing a person down to their waist.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of his 60 or so known paintings, mainly half-length portraits, date from 1642-6 after he had moved with Charles I's Civil War court to Oxford.
- Caravaggio returns to the half-length format of his early genre scenes, but all naturalistic bravura and illusionistic detail are gone.
- The most visually startling images were two half-length portraits from her ‘Bodybuilders’ series.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A painting or sculpture of a person down to their waist.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These works are not compatible with the bulk of the corpus of Caravaggesque half-lengths that the English art historian Benedict Nicolson had associated first with an unnamed ‘Candlelight Master’ and then with Bigot.
- The presence, in the Gallery's reconstruction, of half-lengths of St Paul and, questionably, of St Andrew is hard to explain.
- Anne Villiers herself was painted by van Dyck in a solo half-length.
Más definiciones de half-lengthDefinición de half-length en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.