- 1The title of a book, printed on the right-hand page before the title page.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Each volume has the same spine title and half title.
- It is a re-issue of the 71-page 2nd edition of 1714, with a different half-title and titlepage, p.71 reset, and the charter added (pp. 73-101).
- 1.1The title of a section of a book printed on the right-hand page before it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At page 55 is a fullpage half title with over 30 figures.
- Each section has its own half-title and preface.
- 1.2A page on which a half-title is printed: the half-title often carries on the verso the printer’s imprintMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It wasn't until I was thumbing through Designing Books: Practice and Theory by Jost Hochuli that the mere existence of the half-title was brought to my attention.
- Never since have I set eyes on a ‘first’ of Mrs Roche's best-known novel, and on only two ‘firsts’ of Horrid Mysteries; and although it was regrettable that Samuel Whitbread's binders had destroyed half-titles, I soon knew enough of the difficulties of my subject to treasure with gratitude what they had left behind.
- Anyone who, like myself, has front matter in their books such as title pages, half-titles, copyright and dedication pages, etc. may want to not have their previews generated automatically but instead opt for choosing a page range.
Más definiciones de half-titleDefinición de half-title en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.