- A plant adapted to growing in saline conditions, as in a salt marsh.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, the mechanisms taken by the seeds of halophytes to adapt to saline stress are still poorly understood.
- These plants, known as halophytes, include a large taxonomic variety and occupy diverse habitats, from extremely dry to temporarily waterlogged sites or salt marshes.
- Such investigations would lead to the study of higher plant halophytes, which in nature often encounter high salinity and alkaline pH values at the same time.
Más definiciones de halophyteDefinición de halophyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.