Más definiciones de HamDefinición de Ham en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
- 1 [mass noun] Salted or smoked meat from the upper part of a pig’s leg: thin slices of ham [count noun]: a honey-baked hamMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He rolls out lasagne sheets using a broom handle, and creates a ragu with minced meat and tomatoes, creamy béchamel sauce, cooked ham, Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Serve with salad, gherkins and cold sliced cured meats and ham.
- This includes luncheon meats and smoked ham which are cured or contain preservatives.
- 2 (hams) The back of the thigh or the thighs and buttocks: he squatted down on his hamsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Walking lunges are excellent for sculpting your glutes, hams, quads and adductor muscles, but finding an open path in the gym can be a problem.
- Try a variety of stretches to hit your glutes, hams, quads and adductors.
- When you begin to feel a stretch through your hamstrings, focus on using your glutes and hams to rise back up to the start position.
Old English ham, hom (originally denoting the back of the knee), from a Germanic base meaning 'be crooked'. In the late 15th century the term came to denote the back of the thigh, hence the thigh or hock of an animal.
- 1 [usually as modifier] An excessively theatrical actor: ham actorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They are peachy roles, and have been given to many ham actors to shine in: but David is a master, and brings to his Polonius what one imagines is a perfect expression of the intention behind the part.
- Now he appears like a ham actor who is starting to believe his press agent.
- He's a ham actor wearing caricature expressions: petulance, fury, arrogance, dismay.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Excessively theatrical acting.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The acting was pure ham, but then it is in every kids or ‘family’ film.
- The script of sand and fog is more like it, not to mention the acting of ham and funny accents.
- He is as diabolic as he is over-the-top - call it deviled ham.
- 2 (also radio ham) • informal An amateur radio operator.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tony had registered n7qvc.com because he's a keen radio ham and his call sign is - you guessed it - n7qvc.
- Mr Ogg was a member of the exclusive International Correspondence of Corkscrew Addicts, an enthusiastic radio ham and a painter.
- He used a local radio ham called Roy Evans in a tiny radio shack in Great Bends to keep in touch.
verbo (hams, hamming, hammed)[no object] • informal Volver al principio
- Overact: she hammed it up for the camerasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One person's hamming up is another man's dramatic device and yet another man's (well, probably the same man's) way of getting the thing paid for and distributed.
- When we got there, we found several young men lounging in and on the clothes, eating bread by the loaves some other team had handed out, hamming for my trusty Contax.
- When your favourite serial gets intolerably depressing you can switch channels and watch Cyrus hamming on MTV.