- A short wooden beam (typically carved) projecting from a wall to support either a principal rafter or one end of an arch: [as modifier]: the great oak hammer-beam roofMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the process, the various components acquired names according to their place in this system - king post, hammer beam, purlin, sill, and so forth - names that are still used today.
- The great hall, with its hammer-beam roof, has an exterior rebuilt, possibly by Wren, after destruction during the Commonwealth.
- Richard built the magnificent hammer beam roof for the hall, which can be seen to this day.
Más definiciones de hammer beamDefinición de hammer beam en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.