A crank that is turned by hand.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The hammer was soon replaced by a magneto powered with a hand crank.
- Private Confederate citizens built the Hunley, a primitive submarine powered by a hand crank.
- The ‘twittering’ in the title doubtless refers to the birds, while the ‘machine’ is suggested by the hand crank.
(hand-crank) [with object] Operate (a device) by turning a crank by hand: the Professor began to hand-crank the machinery (as adjective hand-cranked) a hand-cranked generator
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While Goffe's ‘inferior’ knitter was sold in New York City, the most likely hand-cranked knitting machine was that of Jonas B. Aiken.
- For example, on reading Fara's chapter titled ‘Robert Boyle and the Air-pump,’ one might infer that Boyle invented the first hand-cranked vacuum pump.
- In 1846 the first hand-cranked ice cream machine was made by Nancy Johnston, the dessert became a favorite summer past time in American households.
Definición de hand crank en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda