1A person appointed to fix or assess a competitor’s handicap, especially in golf or horse racing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Only 32, Sherman already has put in eight years at the Las Vegas sports books, and is likely the most knowledgeable golf handicapper in the country.
- The disproportionately valuable Fred Winter Hurdle took the Pertemps' Tuesday slot because the official handicappers insisted the juvenile handicap was run before the Triumph.
- The horse-race handicapper is not in there, but the press does it.
1.1 [usually in combination] A person or horse having a specified handicap: a three-handicapper
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He's a one handicapper at his local golf course where he just won the club championship.
- Upon the restart more than an hour later, the sombre and saturated conditions witnessed some excellent golf from the higher handicappers with the veteran Ed Trayling heading division two with level par 36 points.
- Most high handicappers pick the club straight up in the backswing and make a chopping motion in the downswing.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: han¦di|cap¦per
Definición de handicapper en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda