1 [in combination] A person who hangs something: a wallpaper-hanger
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Decorators insist that you use their painters and wallpaper hangers, and that you buy from their show rooms.
- Howard is equally delighted by her two wallpaper hangers, the Beswick brothers, Len and Stan.
- Only the absolute, most experienced hangers even have a chance at doing this job.
2 (also coat hanger) A shaped piece of wood, plastic, or metal with a hook at the top, from which clothes may be hung in order to keep them in shape.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the door was locked, a coat hanger or garden tool was usually used to try to hook the keys.
- PC Flowers said that another method of stealing car or house keys was by pushing a coat hanger through letterboxes to hook keys off tables near the front doors.
- There was a bloke with his bicycle, a bag, and - this threw me a bit - a plastic coat hanger.
Palabras que riman con hangerbanger, clanger, ganger, hangar, haranguer, Sanger, Stavanger
Old English hangra, from hangian 'hang'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda