Definición de hanker en inglés:
verbo[no object] (hanker after/for/to do something)
Feel a strong desire for or to do something: he hankered after a lost golden age she hankered to go back
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Prerequisites are a willingness to experiment, a desire to play, and a hankering to shake up preconceived notions about your art and photography.
- I still hanker to return home with my family one day but my view of NZ when I was growing up in the 1970's is dead and buried.
- I still cannot figure out why the machine dials the Internet every 15 minutes; I've checked every program that hankers to be online, and they all insist they're guiltless.
yearn, long, have a longing, have a hankering, crave, desire, wish, want, hunger, thirst, lust, ache, be aching, itch, be itching, burn, be burning, pant, want badly, be eager, be desperate, be hungry, be greedy, be thirsty, be consumed with a/the desire, be eating one's heart out;
fancy, pine for, have one's heart set on
informal be dying, have a yen
archaic be desirous, be athirst
longing, yearning, craving, desire, wish, need, hunger, thirst, urge, ache, itch, lust, burning, pining, appetite, passion, fancy
- Example sentences
- Transcribing and translating all this for English-language HK hankerers is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan's own Sanney Leung.
- I want no philosopher queen or king, no prophet exuding revealed truth, no mesmerising Pied Piper, no hawker of appealing mirages, no self-absorbed hankerer for power.
- The main drag for the fashion hankerer is Strand Arcade in the heart of town.