Definición de hanker en inglés:
verbo[no object] (hanker after/for/to do something)
Feel a strong desire for or to do something: he hankered after a lost golden age she hankered to go back
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Prerequisites are a willingness to experiment, a desire to play, and a hankering to shake up preconceived notions about your art and photography.
- I still hanker to return home with my family one day but my view of NZ when I was growing up in the 1970's is dead and buried.
- I still cannot figure out why the machine dials the Internet every 15 minutes; I've checked every program that hankers to be online, and they all insist they're guiltless.
yearn, long, have a longing, have a hankering, crave, desire, wish, want, hunger, thirst, lust, ache, be aching, itch, be itching, burn, be burning, pant, want badly, be eager, be desperate, be hungry, be greedy, be thirsty, be consumed with a/the desire, be eating one's heart out;
fancy, pine for, have one's heart set on
informal be dying, have a yen
archaic be desirous, be athirst
longing, yearning, craving, desire, wish, need, hunger, thirst, urge, ache, itch, lust, burning, pining, appetite, passion, fancy
- hankerer sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Transcribing and translating all this for English-language HK hankerers is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan's own Sanney Leung.
- I want no philosopher queen or king, no prophet exuding revealed truth, no mesmerising Pied Piper, no hawker of appealing mirages, no self-absorbed hankerer for power.
- The main drag for the fashion hankerer is Strand Arcade in the heart of town.
Palabras que riman con hankeranchor, banker, Bianca, canker, Casablanca, Costa Blanca, flanker, franker, lingua franca, Lubyanka, rancour (US rancor), ranker, Salamanca, spanker, Sri Lanka, tanka, tanker, up-anchor
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda