sustantivo (plural hapax legomena /-mɪnə/)
- A term of which only one instance of use is recorded.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In philology a hapax legomenon is almost always a word and is a problem because a single usage doesn't generally give us enough information to figure out what it means.
- Moreover, many of the new words will occur only once; these are the so-called hapax legomena.
- Grattius' diction - which includes numerous technical terms and hapax legomena - and versification are Augustan, but he does not always express himself lucidly.
mid 17th century: Greek, 'a thing said once', from hapax 'once' and the passive participle of legein 'to say'.
Más definiciones de hapax legomenonDefinición de hapax legomenon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.