1(Of a cell or nucleus) having a single set of unpaired chromosomes. Compare with diploid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The number of linkage groups resolved agrees well with the cytologically determined haploid chromosome number of 21.
- The computer keeps track of each mutation's position and deleterious effect on a single haploid chromosome for each individual.
- Two of them are seen in a single haploid nucleus.
1.1(Of an organism or part) composed of haploid cells: in mosses, the conspicuous leafy structures are haploid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two of the haploid plants generated from Fuyu 3xWMR 29 crosses were susceptible to races 1, 6, and 7.
- They differ from the ‘green algae’ in that the young sporophyte - or diploid plant - begins its development within the tissues of its parent gametophyte - or haploid plant.
- Most of the remaining plants regenerated are sterile haploid plants while a few partially sterile plants could be polyploid or aneuploid.
A haploid organism or cell.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Meiosis is the program used by sexually reproducing organisms to produce haploids from diploid precursors.
- The next two sections illustrate how to do this by carrying out the calculations for autosomal genes in dioecious haploids and for autosomal, sex-linked, and cytoplasmic genes in diploids.
- The number of recombinants and total cells for haploids was corrected to reflect the entire culture.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although triploidy and haploidy of chromosomal regions in humans often cause viable or semiviable developmental defects, it is difficult to identify regions of the genome that are haplolethal.
- Whether or not any particular deletion can be recovered will, of course, depend upon the phenotypic consequences of haploidy for its chromosome region.
- The problem was obvious: if the sex of an animal was the result of a balance of male- and female-determining genes on the sex chromosomes and autosomes, how could haploidy give rise to males?
Early 20th century: from Greek haploos 'single' + -oid.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: hap|loid
Definición de haploid en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda