- The omission of one occurrence of a sound or syllable which is repeated within a word (e.g. in February pronounced as /ˈfɛbri)/.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After all, it's hard to see how un - could be plausibly reanalyzed as a mere intensifier; more likely this is an idiosyncratic sort of haplology, where the form unpacked stands in for ununpacked.
- A nice irony is that haplology is just the sort of word to which haplology happens…
- It all depends which side of the pond one happens to be on: Britons accuse Americans of haplology while the latter believe it is the former who are committing epenthesis.
late 19th century: from Greek haploos 'single' + -logy.
Más definiciones de haplologyDefinición de haplology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.