- 1A fast-running, long-eared mammal that resembles a large rabbit, having very long hind legs and typically found in grassland or open woodland.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lepus and other genera, family Leporidae: several species
- European game animals include various deer, wild boar, hare, and rabbit.
- Three species of hares are native to California, the snowshoe, black-tailed, and white-tailed.
- He said: ‘I've noticed an increase in birds and a lot more hares since the grassland has been in place.’
- 1.1 (also electric hare) A dummy hare propelled around the track in greyhound racing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Legend of the Mick the Miller is both touching and funny, yet Michael Tanner's tale of the greatest greyhound ever to chase a mechanical hare is ultimately flawed.
- And let's face it, you don't hear people at the greyhound track complaining that the hare's not real, do you?
- They are, essentially, a covered bike rack for dogs, designed to line them up and point them unarguably in the same direction ready for the key moment when the hare goes by.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction] British Volver al principio
- Run with great speed: he hared off between the treesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mutu leaves Toure for dead, hares down the left wing and shoots from a narrow angle.
- Then Harry came haring out of the bathroom like some over-protective mother bear and just about bit my head off.
- He has already been haring about this morning, giving awards to schoolchildren and meeting with constituents.
run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
- British Try to remain on good terms with both sides in a conflict or dispute.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Or maybe, they wanted to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The Washington Post has recently reported how the president continues to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The reality is that you cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
start a hare
- British • dated Raise a topic of conversation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is annoying though, for the bank to produce these bonds decades after the event and start a hare running.
- I have started a hare so to speak by seeking here in UK for names of possible settlers - as yet unknown.
- Meanwhile, he has handed Mr Hague an advantage by appearing to start a hare running only to shoot it down as soon as it appeared to be getting somewhere.
Old English hara, of Germanic origin: related to Dutch haas and German Hase.