Definición de hare en inglés:
1A fast-running, long-eared mammal that resembles a large rabbit, having very long hind legs and typically found in grassland or open woodland.
- Lepus and other genera, family Leporidae: several species
- European game animals include various deer, wild boar, hare, and rabbit.
- Three species of hares are native to California, the snowshoe, black-tailed, and white-tailed.
- He said: ‘I've noticed an increase in birds and a lot more hares since the grassland has been in place.’
1.1 (also electric hare) A dummy hare propelled around the track in greyhound racing.
- The Legend of the Mick the Miller is both touching and funny, yet Michael Tanner's tale of the greatest greyhound ever to chase a mechanical hare is ultimately flawed.
- And let's face it, you don't hear people at the greyhound track complaining that the hare's not real, do you?
- They are, essentially, a covered bike rack for dogs, designed to line them up and point them unarguably in the same direction ready for the key moment when the hare goes by.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of direction] British Volver al principio
Run with great speed: he hared off between the trees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mutu leaves Toure for dead, hares down the left wing and shoots from a narrow angle.
- Then Harry came haring out of the bathroom like some over-protective mother bear and just about bit my head off.
- He has already been haring about this morning, giving awards to schoolchildren and meeting with constituents.
run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
- British Try to remain on good terms with both sides in a conflict or dispute.Example sentences
- Or maybe, they wanted to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The Washington Post has recently reported how the president continues to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
- The reality is that you cannot run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
start a hare
- British dated Raise a topic of conversation.Example sentences
- It is annoying though, for the bank to produce these bonds decades after the event and start a hare running.
- I have started a hare so to speak by seeking here in UK for names of possible settlers - as yet unknown.
- Meanwhile, he has handed Mr Hague an advantage by appearing to start a hare running only to shoot it down as soon as it appeared to be getting somewhere.
Words that rhyme with hareaffair, affaire, air, Altair, Althusser, Anvers, Apollinaire, Astaire, aware, Ayer, Ayr, bare, bear, bêche-de-mer, beware, billionaire, Blair, blare, Bonaire, cafetière, care, chair, chargé d'affaires, chemin de fer, Cher, Clair, Claire, Clare, commissionaire, compare, concessionaire, cordon sanitaire, couvert, Daguerre, dare, debonair, declare, derrière, despair, doctrinaire, éclair, e'er, elsewhere, ensnare, ere, extraordinaire, Eyre, fair, fare, fayre, Finisterre, flair, flare, Folies-Bergère, forbear, forswear, foursquare, glair, glare, hair, heir, Herr, impair, jardinière, Khmer, Kildare, La Bruyère, lair, laissez-faire, legionnaire, luminaire, mal de mer, mare, mayor, meunière, mid-air, millionaire, misère, Mon-Khmer, multimillionaire, ne'er, Niger, nom de guerre, outstare, outwear, pair, pare, parterre, pear, père, pied-à-terre, Pierre, plein-air, prayer, questionnaire, rare, ready-to-wear, rivière, Rosslare, Santander, savoir faire, scare, secretaire, share, snare, solitaire, Soufrière, spare, square, stair, stare, surface-to-air, swear, Tailleferre, tare, tear, their, there, they're, vin ordinaire, Voltaire, ware, wear, Weston-super-Mare, where, yeah
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia