Definición de harmonic progression en inglés:
1 Music A series of chord changes forming the underlying harmony of a piece of music.
- Often it is as if all the elements of the music have suddenly concentrated themselves into a rhythm or a harmonic progression, or a flash of pure tonality; but such moments are impossible in isolation.
- A melody, a harmonic progression, a dissonance, or another device or combination of devices may be said to give a work expression.
- My favorite waltz of any of the versions is the one in A-flat, which closes this set - a gorgeous melody with a radiant harmonic progression in the second strain.
2 Mathematics A sequence of quantities whose reciprocals are in arithmetical progression (e.g. 1, 1/3, 1/5, 1/7, etc.).
- He uses similar relationships to structure his improvisations, generating melodic patterns based on underlying harmonic progressions derived from Fibonacci numbers and the ratios between them.
- When the progression produced by reciprocal numbers is an arithmetic progression, it is called a harmonic progression. For example, 1, 1/2, 1/3,⋯ and 1, 1/3, 1/5, ⋯ are harmonic progressions.
Definición de harmonic progression en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan