(also spirit of hartshorn)
sustantivo[mass noun] • archaic
- Aqueous ammonia solution used as smelling salts, formerly prepared from the horns of deer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Later, in the Middle Ages, ammonia was formed by the distillation of either stale urine, or the hooves and horns of oxen and deer, the latter concoction giving rise to the now defunct name, spirits of hartshorn.
- Ammonium carbonate is a byproduct of hartshorn, a substance extracted from deer antlers (harts horn).
- According to my sources, the best cure for the bite was spirit of hartshorn.
Más definiciones de hartshornDefinición de hartshorn en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.