sustantivo (plural harvestmen)
An arachnid with a globular body and very long thin legs, typically living in leaf litter and on tree trunks.
- Order Opiliones: three suborders
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The 400-million-year-old fossil organ belongs to a harvestmen or daddy longlegs, a non-web-spinning arachnid, related to mites and ticks.
- While some species may be better at hunting than others, most harvestmen scavenge dead plants and animals, only occasionally catching relatively easy prey, such as small caterpillars.
- Cave crickets and harvestmen or ‘daddy longlegs’ that live inside the caves during the day and feed outside the caves at night contribute important nutrients to the cave ecosystem.
Definición de harvestman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.