- Make a hash by frying up all the leftover roast potatoes and parsnips, adding some chopped turkey and perhaps a little leftover stuffing too.
- Haley puts some American fries, corned beef hash, and scrambled eggs on her plate.
- Down at the Hope & Anchor restaurant in Red Hook, Brooklyn, Dianna Munz serves a barbecued-ham-and-scallion hash with two fried eggs.
- I say to members opposite that they are responsible for $100 million of wasted public money, because of their poor policy, poor lawmaking, and the continuous hashes that we have seen in this very important area of law.
- Caution threatened to descend into catatonia as, after a bright opening minute or so, the first half turned into a hash of misplaced passes, hoofs into the air and slithering ineptitude.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- In Gower they are added to hashed meat, made into pies with apples, and put into soup.
- It contains hashed meat, generally pork, seasoned with aromatic herbs or spices (pepper, red pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, etc.
- Maybe you two should be hashing your problems out in counseling instead of drive-by ambushing an innocent bystander.
- But as they hashed it out, and they brought up the inherent problems with establishing private accounts, he instead came around to their point of view.
- We finally sat down a little while ago and hashed it out.
make a hash of
- informal Make a mess of; bungle: he made a right hash of tearing open the envelopeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Damien Hindle fired in a cross which Cherry made a hash of and his palmed clearance dropped to Doni Clarke, who headed home from six yards.
- Let us take, for example, the so-called principles of the treaty, which were sent off to the judges to deal with and which, in my opinion, they have made a hash of.
- Almost immediately the ball was dispatched downfield, but Reyna made a hash of his goal attempt and the ball sailed high over Nick Culkin's bar.
settle someone's hash
- informal Deal with someone in a forceful and decisive manner: the coal merchant tried to foist boiler-nuts on us but I soon settled his hashMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I could exercise my constitutional right to firearms ownership and just go up in a tower and start shooting until a police sniper settles my hash.
- That would have settled his hash, and it made me feel better when I realized I could have said it.
- The Professor strongly suspects defamation lawyers will settle Marr 's hash.
- Cannibis, aka marijuana, hash, pot, weed, smoke, draw, call it what you will, is a drug.
- You may have heard it called marijuana, weed or hash but it is still cannabis, a natural drug that comes from a plant.
- Three percent of the sample indicated ever having used illicit drugs at this time; again, the most frequently cited category by far was marijuana, hash, or weed.
1980s: probably from hatch3, altered by folk etymology.
The symbol #, called hash in British English, has different names, some of them potentially confusing. In the US it is referred to as either the number sign (when used in contexts such as question #2) or the pound sign (when used as a symbol for pounds of weight, e.g. 2# of sugar). The technical name for it is the octothorp.