- A large tablet, typically diamond-shaped, bearing the coat of arms of someone who has died, displayed in their honour.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Inside the Abbey, we saw the crest of the Maunsell family and over the choir pews, a very impressive hatchment mounted on the wall
- The other hatchment is for Mrs. Henrietta Sleorgin who has the raised tomb outside the east window.
- Shown above right is the hatchment of Charles Compton, 9th Earl and 1st Marquess of Northampton.
early 16th century: probably from obsolete French hachement, from Old French acesmement 'adornment'.
Más definiciones de hatchmentDefinición de hatchment en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.