1A person or company employed in the transport of goods or materials by road: a major haulier between Europe and Asia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The immediate impulse for Eurotunnel seeking action to close down Sangatte was the extension by Labour in 1998 of the Carrier Liability Act from airlines to road hauliers.
- The protesters are a mixture of farmers, hauliers and road haulage contractors.
- But he also has to tread carefully, as he will need road hauliers to get products out of goods yards to their eventual destinations.
1.1A miner who is responsible for transporting coal within a mine.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ‘sleep zone’ has been agreed by a working group made up of the Freight Quality Partnership, county council officers, the police, quarry operators, hauliers and the district council.
- The 400-plus lorries that rumble through the narrow streets every day have long been a source of strife between residents and the hauliers for the quarries at Giggleswick, Dry Rigg, Arcow and Horton.
- Others, who have families working for hauliers or quarries, feel economics and jobs should take precedence.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: haul|ier
Definición de haulier en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda