Definición de haulm en inglés:
1A stalk or stem.
- I saw a neat vegetable patch the other day, with the onion haulms all pushed over, straightened and laid in the same direction to allow the sun to get at the tops.
- As the haulms grew they were top dressed with the same compost as before and supported by canes and string.
- In reality organic potato producers frequently have to remove potato haulms early because of foliage blight.
1.1 [mass noun] The stalks or stems collectively of peas, beans, or potatoes without the pods or tubers, as used for animal bedding: potato haulm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sulphuric acid is widely used to wither the leafy foliage, or haulm, on potatoes before harvesting.
- Before harvesting haulm is pulled, cut or killed using chemicals. In general haulm destruction takes place 10-15 days before harvest.
- Straw or haulm from treated crops must not be used as animal feed (or bedding) for at least 4 days after last application.
Definición de haulm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan