Definición de haulm en inglés:
1A stalk or stem.
- I saw a neat vegetable patch the other day, with the onion haulms all pushed over, straightened and laid in the same direction to allow the sun to get at the tops.
- As the haulms grew they were top dressed with the same compost as before and supported by canes and string.
- In reality organic potato producers frequently have to remove potato haulms early because of foliage blight.
1.1 [mass noun] The stalks or stems collectively of peas, beans, or potatoes without the pods or tubers, as used for animal bedding: potato haulm
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sulphuric acid is widely used to wither the leafy foliage, or haulm, on potatoes before harvesting.
- Before harvesting haulm is pulled, cut or killed using chemicals. In general haulm destruction takes place 10-15 days before harvest.
- Straw or haulm from treated crops must not be used as animal feed (or bedding) for at least 4 days after last application.
Definición de haulm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary