1A buttock and thigh considered together, in a human or animal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They were built like cattle, with thick necks and big haunches.
- They are easily ten times stronger than a human of similar height: no steroids could make a man accumulate such muscle mass on shoulders, back and haunches.
- In the commentary to her plate, d' Arconville described the chest of the female as narrower, the spine more curved, and the haunches and pelvis larger in women than in men.
Scottish informal bahookie
North American informal butt, fanny, tush, tushie, tail, duff, buns, booty, caboose, heinie, patootie, keister, tuchis, bazoo, bippy
North American vulgar slang ass
1.1 [mass noun] The leg and loin of an animal, especially a deer, as food: haunch of venison
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A dish guaranteed to tickle M. Chirac's tastebuds, he said, would be Pancetta-wrapped haunch of Fort William venison with wild mushrooms en croute in a tarragon sauce.
- Beyond this, Aertsen skillfully foreshortened objects never before honored with such attention: sausages, fish, a skinned ox head, a recumbent haunch.
- When he thought I had suffered enough, he reached into his trousers and brought out a giant slab of dried kudu haunch.
2 Architecture The side of an arch, between the crown and the pier.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Lighting also differs between the spaces, from diffused light in the narrow galleries to reflected light onto the concrete haunches of the wider galleries.
- The girder trusses running in the north-south direction were designed as continuous trusses and had haunch ends at the column lines.
- A strengthening concrete haunch / slab was then cast over the arches before a textile and thick PVC-type waterproofing membrane was laid on the concrete bed.
on one's haunches
- With the haunches resting on the backs of the heels: Billy squatted down on his haunchesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On her knees, resting on her haunches on the bed, in imitation of his pose, she tilts her head and looks at him quizzically.
- I rested on my haunches until the dust dissipated but then leaned forward again.
- He stopped, rested back on his haunches, and slowly checked his room for anything he may have over looked.
Palabras que riman con haunchgraunch, launch, paunch, raunch, staunch
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: haunch
Definición de haunch en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda