- Poignant; evocative: the sweet haunting sound of pan pipesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The ending offers a particularly haunting and poignant gesture - the reunion of a family torn apart on a purely phantasmic, spiritual cinematic plane.
- Dancers and pipers, resplendent in their magnificent uniforms and kilts, and the haunting sounds of bagpipes set a distinctive background for a memorable day out in the open.
- ‘This was about 16 years ago, but I still remember its haunting beauty,’ he says.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- The action of haunting a place: the haunting of Calgarth HallMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The walk will recall the town's heroes and villains, history, hauntings and murders, ghosts and ghouls.
- Not all presences or hauntings are necessarily evil, he says - they may simply be lost or desperate.
- There are almost no reports of hauntings or malicious spirits these days.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She does her best to get to grips with the complexities of Plath's character and is at times hauntingly melancholy, but she never really gets beneath the surface.
- It is Astrid's painful secret, hauntingly described, that has all the power.
- The poems are hauntingly beautiful; capturing what is classically Manhire at his best.