- A widely distributed plant of the daisy family, which typically has yellow dandelion-like flower heads and often grows as a weed.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Hieracium, family Compositae
- The ancient Greeks believed that the sap of hawkweeds was responsible for the keen eyesight of hawks.
- He has been studying hawkweed as a candidate for biocontrol.
- In lawns, mowing of hawkweeds is ineffective because the low-lying rosettes are missed by mower blades.
late Old English, rendering Latin hieracium, based on Greek hierax 'hawk': Pliny believed that hawks fed on this plant to strengthen their eyesight.
Más definiciones de hawkweedDefinición de hawkweed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.