Definición de headhunt en inglés:
1 (as noun headhunting) The practice among some peoples of collecting the heads of dead enemies as trophies.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are also notorious for their traditional practices of headhunting and cannibalism.
- However, after the arrival of the Europeans, Iatmuls who practiced cannibalism and headhunting were labeled as murderers.
- Although these accounts suggest that Gogodala actively agreed to cease warfare and headhunting, this does not diminish the significance of these activities for the Gogodala at that time.
2Identify and approach (a suitable person employed elsewhere) to fill a business position: successful managers are headhunted from larger companies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Successful graduates are all now in full-time employment, some with their sponsor companies, while many were also headhunted into more lucrative positions.
- Between 1997 and 2001, at least a dozen professorial level scholars of Asia were headhunted for strategic jobs elsewhere.
- Schools are also being encouraged to link up with one or another corporation, teaching a suitably modified curriculum and giving the sponsoring businesses a chance to headhunt the more gifted pupils.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Such headhunters are finding more than 40% of non-executive directors for companies, meaning the traditional old boys' network is coming under pressure.
- The long-list of candidates who are agreed for the first round will be interviewed by the headhunters, and on the basis of those interviews we put forward a shortlist of candidates for consideration by the trustees.
- It is satisfying to see that the Executive appears to have taken the hint on the appointment, though it still went through the process of hiring headhunters, no doubt because it is duty-bound to do so.
Palabras que riman con headhuntexeunt • manhunt
Definición de headhunt en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán