1Collect the heads of dead enemies as trophies.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are also notorious for their traditional practices of headhunting and cannibalism.
- However, after the arrival of the Europeans, Iatmuls who practiced cannibalism and headhunting were labeled as murderers.
- Although these accounts suggest that Gogodala actively agreed to cease warfare and headhunting, this does not diminish the significance of these activities for the Gogodala at that time.
2Identify and approach (a suitable person employed elsewhere) to fill a business position: successful managers are headhunted from larger companies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Successful graduates are all now in full-time employment, some with their sponsor companies, while many were also headhunted into more lucrative positions.
- Between 1997 and 2001, at least a dozen professorial level scholars of Asia were headhunted for strategic jobs elsewhere.
- Schools are also being encouraged to link up with one or another corporation, teaching a suitably modified curriculum and giving the sponsoring businesses a chance to headhunt the more gifted pupils.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: head|hunt
Definición de headhunt en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda