- 1A narrow piece of land that projects from a coastline into the sea.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Fal estuary is long and wide, and Falmouth grew along its western side in a straggling way, curving round into docks at the southern end where a headland projects to narrow the mouth.
- Scarborough Castle and Whitby Abbey - on the headlands of Yorkshire's coastline, these offer challenging walks with the reward of fantastic views.
- They create a spectacular panorama of carved coastlines and headlands as well as a rich ecosystem that supports an unusual abundance of wildlife.
- 2A strip of land left unploughed at the end of a field.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These represent the headlands separating bundles of strips within the open fields, where animals turned while ploughing.
- The soil at one point on the headland of a neighbouring field about 100 metres west of the south-west corner of Packhouse Field was also sampled; the location and result also appear at appendix 12.
- In Britain, fields are much smaller with headlands and hedgerows that are vital to wildlife and traditionally many different crop species are grown in the same area, often in rotation.