Definición de headmistress en inglés:
A woman who is the head teacher in a school.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- She sounded like a school teacher - a headmistress - telling a child to stay behind, prepare for a detention.
- The first headmistress of Altrincham Grammar School for Girls was once a tutor to royal children and the school is to be given priceless sketches of the Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales by Salford artist Harold Riley to mark the occasion.
- His father is a captain in the British Guards and his mother is the headmistress of a prep school in England.
- headmistressy adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To our children and grandchildren, ultra-conservative ‘old lady’ style may have the attraction of novelty, and none of the claustrophobic headmistressy associations we've pinned to it since we were young.
- It is not only the medicinal aspect of food that is dished out with headmistressy insistence at the Imperial Herbal.
- Elinor has her priggish and headmistressy moments in the novel but at that point I am on her side.
Palabras que riman con headmistressmistress
Definición de headmistress en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda