Definición de headmistress en inglés:
A woman who is the head teacher in a school.
- She sounded like a school teacher - a headmistress - telling a child to stay behind, prepare for a detention.
- The first headmistress of Altrincham Grammar School for Girls was once a tutor to royal children and the school is to be given priceless sketches of the Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales by Salford artist Harold Riley to mark the occasion.
- His father is a captain in the British Guards and his mother is the headmistress of a prep school in England.
- Example sentences
- To our children and grandchildren, ultra-conservative ‘old lady’ style may have the attraction of novelty, and none of the claustrophobic headmistressy associations we've pinned to it since we were young.
- It is not only the medicinal aspect of food that is dished out with headmistressy insistence at the Imperial Herbal.
- Elinor has her priggish and headmistressy moments in the novel but at that point I am on her side.
Words that rhyme with headmistressmistress
Definición de headmistress en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan