- A word which begins a separate entry in a reference work.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They use contrastive typefaces for distinct purposes, such as bold-face type for headwords, roman for definitions, italics for abbreviated codes and specimen words and phrases, and small capitals for cross-references.
- In addition to the interesting discussion given in Bauer's essay, we could wish for a clear explanation of how deponency was treated and handled in the headwords of the entries.
- This eliminates ‘deponency’ from the discussion and attempts to communicate by the headword whether the lexeme occurs most commonly in the middle or in the active and passive forms.
Más definiciones de headwordDefinición de headword en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.