Definición de hearken en inglés:
1 archaic Listen: he refused to hearken to Tom’s words of wisdom
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Torah tells us listen, hear, and hearken on whichever level you are able.
- Basically, the manufacturers are accusing the Government of not hearkening to their submissions, which they say would have done a lot to reduce their production costs.
- At last, the Hebrews have hearkened unto that voice in the wilderness, that great prophet who came down off the mountain.
2 (hearken back to) another way of saying hark back to (see hark).
- But, that - I was not surprised at the initial Soviet response that is - sort of hearkens back to the Cold War days when they tried to deny at first that it happened and then try to cover it up.
- Taylor's funk-influenced style hearkens back to the days when Motown was pounding out hit after soulful hit, without relying on sentimentalism or retro-chic.
- Given the fact that most of this paraphernalia hearkens back to movies of yore, only a modern projection screen, like the ones in Vic's lecture theatres, seems out of place.
Definición de hearken en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia