Definición de hearken en inglés:
1 archaic Listen: he refused to hearken to Tom’s words of wisdom
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Torah tells us listen, hear, and hearken on whichever level you are able.
- Basically, the manufacturers are accusing the Government of not hearkening to their submissions, which they say would have done a lot to reduce their production costs.
- At last, the Hebrews have hearkened unto that voice in the wilderness, that great prophet who came down off the mountain.
2 (hearken back to) another way of saying hark back to (see hark).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But, that - I was not surprised at the initial Soviet response that is - sort of hearkens back to the Cold War days when they tried to deny at first that it happened and then try to cover it up.
- Taylor's funk-influenced style hearkens back to the days when Motown was pounding out hit after soulful hit, without relying on sentimentalism or retro-chic.
- Given the fact that most of this paraphernalia hearkens back to movies of yore, only a modern projection screen, like the ones in Vic's lecture theatres, seems out of place.
Palabras que riman con hearkenAachen, darken, kraken, Marcan, Petrarchan
Definición de hearken en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda