- A machine that temporarily takes over the functions of the heart and lungs, especially during heart surgery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from the skills of the cardiac surgeon, the main technology which has allowed this operation to take place is the heart-lung machine which puts oxygen into the bloodstream while the heart is stopped during the surgery.
- He was a perfusionist, that is, the medical technician who operates the heart-lung machine during open-heart surgery.
- To use modified ultrafiltration, the perfusionist who operates the heart-lung machine first modifies the pediatric CPB circuit to incorporate the modified ultrafiltration system.
Más definiciones de heart-lung machineDefinición de heart-lung machine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.