- 1The pulsation of the heart: his heartbeat quickened as Rose approachedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His heartbeat quickened as he hurried towards her room.
- As he walked up to her she felt her heartbeat quicken.
- Looking across the dark waters that separate our houses, I can't help but feel my heartbeat quicken and the resolve in my mind harden.
- 1.1A single pulsation of the heart: her heartbeats steadiedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Oh, of course she knew, she could feel them, smell them, hear those steady heartbeats and rushing blood, practically tasting the crimson on her tongue.
- Suddenly, the man drew in a sharp gasp and the heart monitor erupted into a flurry of sound, beeping off the steady, but rapid heartbeats.
- The words made Shipper's cheeks turn pink and he felt his heartbeats quicken again.
- 1.2An animating or vital unifying force: Ontario has long been the commercial heartbeat of CanadaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He may not garner the headlines that some of his teammates accrue, but Lambert is the heartbeat of the robust team which has been transformed into treble winners under O'Neill.
- Flintoff, as Selvey correctly deduces, has become the heartbeat of the team; the carthorse that also provides the gallops.
- For twelve years Keane has been the heartbeat of the United team.
a heartbeat (away) from
- Very close to; on the verge of: laughter was only a heartbeat from tearsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He can still flip that switch between tough and sweet whenever he likes, moving in a heartbeat from the charm of a soft-spoken choirboy to a teeth-clenched icy grill that would make you throw your wallet at him in fear.
- Three teenaged boys; one was tightrope-stepping along the balustrade, smoking a cigarette, a heartbeat from the long spill.
- I think because I often felt quite dark and brooding may have had a little to do with it, or possibly because it was only a heartbeat from Christmas, even when days lasted as long as they did.
in a heartbeat
- Instantly; immediately: I’d do it again in a heartbeatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Drop-dead gorgeous, she has the amazing ability to go from incredibly sweet to incredibly deadly in a heartbeat.
- A tornado could take everything I own in a heartbeat.
- The only reason I even went to work was for money, otherwise I would have quit in a heartbeat.
Más definiciones de heartbeatDefinición de heartbeat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.