Definición de heartsease en inglés:
A wild European pansy which typically has purple and yellow flowers. It has given rise to hybrids from which most garden pansies were developed.
- Viola tricolor, family Violaceae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the left upright a dove with olive branch, alluding to the Noah story, is enclosed in a trefoil representing the Holy Trinity, and on the right, in a cruciform shape, is a pansy, or heartsease, traditionally the flower of the Trinity.
- You can also add a sprinkle of runner-bean flowers to vegetable soups, or top salads and creamy desserts with pansies and heartsease.
- Two you don't often see on the table are pretty heartsease that will flower from midspring to late autumn, and the blue-flowered borage, easy to grow as well as selfseeding.
Late Middle English: origin uncertain, the term being applied by herbalists to both the pansy and the wallflower in the 16th century.
Palabras que riman con heartseasefasces • calces
Definición de heartsease en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda