- The dense inner part of a tree trunk, yielding the hardest timber.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the inner heartwood, these bodies were rarefying and cell walls became impregnated by a brown colour.
- Decayed heartwood may sufficiently weaken trees enough to increase ice and wind mortality.
- Only light wood was included in these samples; the chemistry of dark heartwood or disease-stained wood is known to be quite different from light wood.
Más definiciones de heartwoodDefinición de heartwood en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.