- An evergreen flowering shrub with spikes of mauve, pink, or white flowers, native to New Zealand and widely grown as an ornamental.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Hebe (formerly Veronica), family Scrophulariaceae
- Over three months, the gardeners pulled out the weeds by hand, dug and prepared the ground, and replanted with flowering evergreen shrubs such as hebes and mahonia, for year-round colour and low maintenance.
- Roses, honeysuckle and clematis run vigorously together up the pergola, beneath which are hebes, more hostas, hardy geraniums and several magnificent phormiums.
- The eclectic garden uses Mexican pebbles as a ground-cover and is punctuated with yellow-blooming kangaroo paws and purple-flowered hebes.
modern Latin, named after the goddess Hebe (see Hebe1).