Definición de hectic en inglés:
1Full of incessant or frantic activity: a hectic business schedule
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With a heavy inflow of pilgrims adding to the hectic business activity on the streets branching out from the temple, regulating traffic is not an easy task.
- For a couple of hours there is hectic activity and on every side there are vigorous walkers and indefatigable joggers getting their morning exercise.
- What with raucous classes and a year full of hectic lessons ahead, most teachers do not have time for the child with a problem, said many participants.
2 Medicine , archaic Relating to or affected by a regularly recurrent fever typically accompanying tuberculosis, with flushed cheeks and hot, dry skin.
- He likens the maladies of a state to the hectic fever.
- He uses hectic fever as an analogy - as hectic fever is to the body, political maladies are to a state.
- Within a year, however, he contracted and died of a hectic fever.
sustantivoMedicine , archaic Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- The fact that she is pressurised and hectically busy is no excuse, and the usual tribal claims that she is brilliant at her job should not be weighed in the balance where her wisdom - if not probity - is in question.
- Now, looking at the horrendous pictures on television and participating hectically in the local efforts, it seems just a matter of chance that one survived.
- Right now, though, I'm somewhat hectically getting caught up on the rest of my life, such as it is.