- A looped wire or cord with an eye in the centre through which a warp yarn is passed in a loom before going through the reed to control its movement and divide the threads.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He explains the complex task of laying out the long warp and threading the heddles.
- Adding heddles to the loom was like adding drums to the dance.
- A single heddle makes a weave known as ‘tabby’, and by the use of several heddles quite complicated ‘twills’ and ‘herringbone’ patterns could be woven.
early 16th century: apparently from an alteration of Old English hefeld (see heald).
Más definiciones de heddleDefinición de heddle en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.