An Old World plant of the daisy family. Some kinds are grown as everlastings, retaining their shape and colour when dried.
- Genus Helichrysum, family Compositae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Olive trees planted in full sun look their best surrounded by scented herbs and silver-grey Mediterranean plants: helichrysum, lavender and rosemary.
- These helichrysums are grown for their soft decorative foliage and produce masses of the stuff within weeks of being planted out.
- All the plants are new with the exception of a helichrysum which has made it through two winters with only a little frost damage to the ends of its long stems.
Latin, from Greek helikhrusos, from helix 'spiral' + khrusos 'gold'. It originally denoted a yellow-flowered plant, possibly Helichrysum stoechas.
Definición de helichrysum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.